Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wardrobe Staples for Spring

These are my key pieces for a spring wardrobe!


1) White cropped blazer- So many ways to wear it. I like to pair with boyfriend jeans and heels.

2) Bright cropped, fitted blazer (think hot pink, yellow, cobalt)- I usually don't follow trends but these are so cute. Pair with a floral summer dress and a clutch.

3) Linen jacket- Wear it on the beach at night or during those cool spring mornings.

5) Brown sandal heels

6) Circle/skater skirt- In a solid color with a top tucked in, just slightly high-waisted, and a belt.

7) Maxi skirt- Wear it with a white tee to make it casual-cool.

8) Sheer tie-neck blouse- Pair it with a blazer, shorts, and wedges.

9) Boyfriend jeans- I just take straight leg jeans in one size up and roll them to just above the ankle. If they taper in towards the leg, it's even better.

10) Dressy romper (shorts or pants)- I like the lightweight long sleeved ones with shorts. Red or coral makes these super chic. Just be aware of the fit, they can make you look frumpy if you aren't careful.

11) Denim vest- The best accessory to any outfit to take it from 0 to edgy in 2.5 seconds.

12) Chambray shirt- My personal favorite layering piece.

13) Plate belt- These are so cool! I love the metal, edgy look against a soft flowy dress.

14) Wide leg linen or cotton pants- So casual, so comfortable; wear with wedges.

15) Cutoff denim shorts- At the beach or at the mall, these are a must-have. High-waisted and studded are my favorite!

16) Floral top- You just can't go wrong with a little floral in your life.

17) White button up- I just wear the same one I wear in the winter, roll up the sleeves and you're good to go.

18) Peplum top- So flattering and ladylike. Add ankle crop skinnies and nude heels.

19) Colored heels- Wearing a neutral outfit with pops of bright color make you look like you know what you're doing, even if you don't.

20) Skinny belts- in lots of colors! Forever21 has great, inexpensive ones.

21) Light, loose sweater- Throw it on over almost anything. I love pairing one with a pleated skirt.

22) High-waisted red shorts- So pinup chic. Pair with a polka dot top for a retro feel.

23) Basic fitted tee's with a print. Think stripes & polka dots, perfect for layering (like the above-mentioned)

24) White skinny crop jeans. Ones that hit at the ankle or above, perfect with strappy heels for a night out or wedges for the daytime.

25) Colored purse with a cool shape- Another trend I just can't help but love. TJ Maxx has the absolute best selection right now.

26) Oversized watch- Doesn't have to be Michael Kors...just something cute!

27) Vintage or vintage-inspired band tee- Always a staple for me. I prefer something soft and lived-in.

28) Universal clutch- I just got my first clutch in a teal blue leather...gorgeous for any outfit.

29) Ankle boots with a low heel- Think almost western feel. Maybe suede? Wear with those cutoff shorts or boyfriend jeans.

30) A casual corset top- No, not lingerie. A corset actually meant for public eyes. Wear with a maxi skirt so you don't show too much skin.

31) High-low skirt- Still popular...still cute! I don't know about you but these plus heels make me feel invincible.

32) Pointed toe flats- Still stylish when you don't feel like wearing heels...which for me is 85% of the time.

33) Statement necklaces- Keep all other aspects of your wardrobe simple. Not boring, but don't take away from the fact that your necklace is supposed to be a statement.

34) Gold studs- Wear with almost any necklace, especially those statements.

36) Stacked bracelets- They look great with the oversized watch!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment