Monday, March 18, 2013

Black on Black on Black

They say wearing black is slimming and although I can't disagree, I like wearing black for other reasons too. It's so versatile, so chic, so elegant yet edgy.

 
 

My best friend had to wear an all black outfit to a job shadow a few days ago. We went shopping for his outfit and I realized that although he and I both knew how to layer the blacks properly, not everyone else does. So how do you wear black on black on black and avoid looking like a waiter at a restaurant you ask? Here's how:



It's all about the mix of textures, the types of fabrics, and sometimes adding just the right accessories.



For example, wear slimming pants with a loose semi-sheer top and black cowboy boots. Or flowy pants with a fitted shirt tucked in and heels. Avoid wearing fabrics that are too similar. Always try to wear funky shoes. (Avoid flats or plain-jane maryjanes) Add a long necklace, a cool metal belt, large earrings.

 
I'm going to a concert tonight and chose to wear all black!


 

Applying these tips will immediately take you from waitress to fashion designer chic!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment