Sunday, March 10, 2013

Look Expensive, Don't Pay the Price

I love following high end designers on social media sights like Instagram and seeing their new looks on the runway. Before I go shopping, I look at their pieces and find ones that I would like to wear. While I'm drooling over Marc Jacobs' amazing outfits on 7-foot-8 models, I am also scheming on how I can replicate those looks for 1/100 of the cost.


For example, I saw a pair of Alexander Wang booties on Poshmark that someone was selling for $175 and I fell in love. I'm talking, couldn't stop thinking about them, saw them in my dreams kind of love. Even though they retail for over $700, I knew I would never pay $175 for them. It's not always about the name on them, but more about the uniqueness of the items they create. I took them off my favorites list in hopes of forgetting about them. Several hours after I had taken them off, I decided to go to Plato's Closet for some inexpensive jewelry I was in desperate need of. While browsing, I happened to glance up at their displays and saw the glimpse of a black pair of heels with lacing up the front...just like the Alexander Wang booties. I immediately got an associate to get them down for me and tried them on. They were Nine West look-a-likes, my size, and with a 20% off coupon I had, they were only $16! Since then, I have noticed that Nine West actually makes a lot of 'inspired' shoes. I have actually seen several that mimic Alexander Wang's designs. Since they use leather and have well-made shoes, they are a great long-lasting, inexpensive alternative.


I am constantly on the hunt for a good deal and I am so in love with my leather lace-up booties! Here is a picture of the A.W. booties on the left, and my fabulous find on the right:



When you find a specific style that you like, it is easier to have a wardrobe that always looks classy and high-end. Please remember, you don't have to wear designer to look chic and put-together. Finding imitation pieces is key.

H&M has the best selection of affordable fashion-forward clothing. They're finally adding one in Nashville and I couldn't be more excited! You could also try Nine West, Aldo, Forever21 and eBay for affordable look-a-likes.
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment